Seriously, my new year started way too different than I expected. 'Twas chaotic.
I had a misunderstanding with someone who I haven't seen for the longest time. You see, New year for me was always a time for myself, to be crazy, to contemplate and to do things my way... and this year, I chose to celebrate it with the family of one of the dearest person in my life. But things turned sour when my mom texted me, informing me she was coming home to celebrate new year with me and my bro. not that I don't want to be n her company, but my family is not the kind who celebrates new year ... so I decided to continue my plan, though I already informed my friend that I might just come over. But as the time neared hitting 12, with the dilemma whether to go home or not, I decided to stick with my original plan of merry making with my friend's family.
I love the feeling whenever they treat me like one of them. Tita, actually the whole family, never failed to make me feel like I was a part of their own. Twas' relieving 'coz for the past 3 or 4 years, I celebrate new year alone either at my place or at work. And breaking the monotony of celebrating alone while still being able to think of what I plan to do the coming year was really a breather.After all the fireworks an the booze, 2 hours after midnight, as I was about to cap of the night and get ready to change to my sleep clothes, my friend decided to send me home, telling me that I should be at home because my mom's there. Shocked was an understatement. Yes I know what she told me makes perfect sense but it was really out of the blue. We had a little exchange of bargaining. I even heard tita saying, "if she doesn't want to go home, an she's enjoying herself here, don't force her, it wouldn't make her happier." But, knowing my friend, she prevailed. Before I left, tita even asked me, "Are you sure you really want to go home already, you can stay... " I just shook my head, kissed her goodbye and said, "Ihahatid na po nila ako eh, I'll be okay," but deep within ... I am disheartened. They drove me home at around three in the morning. On our way home, (as if we are not seated side by side) I sent a message to my friend regarding how bad it felt to be dumped ... she replied it was the right thing to do, coz' its new year. I can't remember what exactly she said, all I can remember is that it was about being happy... which I replied "am not." When they dropped me off, just as expected, there was nothing special at my place. We didn't make the usual beso we are used to, and I know I was rude coz I didn't even uttered thanks to the one who drove me home. Then I heard her sorry, but I was too deaf at that moment to hear it. Bro was outside somewhere drinking with his homies, mom's, well, asleep (tired from her travel), and dad as well.
That night, I was the only one up. I can't play loud music, enough to shake the whole place coz I'll wake them up. When I went to check my mom, I decided to sleep beside her, what she muttered was "umaga na ah... buti hindi ka naisgrasa sa putukan..." then turned her back and continued her sleep. I was mindless that morning, and since I was intoxicated with Red Horse, I drifted into a deep slumber.
My morning wake up call started with a bang... seriously! My mom was nagging... what the?! It was way way bad... and it was serious. My bro and I couldn't do anything but silently pray with hopes the nagging would end. Knowing my mom, I know she'll stop but the whole nagging thing lasted for hours. whew! Funny but after all th sermon, she said "hala, kain na..." good thing she pacified.
What happened after in our household that day was a mix of old things dumped in the biggest garbaged bag I have ever seen,
Wednesday, January 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment