Two years ago, I met this wonderful lass. Lil did we know that we would become really good friends. To my surprise, she woke me with her text message last August 8, informing me, that yes, as the title of this post goes she's getting hitched August 15.
Initial Reaction: Dropped jaw, really erratic heartbeat and a short "EWAN" sms.
Lemme share the scenario. About a month ago, she asked if I could help her arrange her "cousin's" wedding. The dutiful friend that I am agreed. I emailed her notes, texted her reminders and gave her a call whenever she has queries. Out of the blue, I told her in one of our conversations, "If I know, this is your wedding that we are preparing..." Zoom in to August 8, yes the running joke boomeranged on me. It was her wedding all along. Christ!
She even misinterpreted my reaction that I wasn't happy for her. It ain't true. You may have told me the best and the worst times of your relationship but it does not give me the right to be unhappy. On the contrary, I am truly happy.
I being her dutiful friend, agreed to be her wedding coordinator/emcee.
Fast track to August 14. Note to self , not to sleep beside the bride the night before her wedding. You won't get a good night sleep. Seriously. ;)
August 15. The ceremony went the way the groom and the bride wanted it to be. And am so happy to be able to contribute and make their dream come true. A bonus was that though it was raining cats and dogs outside, it was raining men at the venue. Handsome guys in their own rights. And I was able to meet fun people who were also willing to make the event fun as well.
Funny part of the wedding was when the groom asked me to sleep with them at their condo unit. I politely said no. What the hell am I suppose to do there? Judge? Referee? Or scorer perhaps? You decide...
To the newlyweds, need I say more? I have already written those on the dedication notebook.
Oh wait, looking forward to the pictures though... And to my future God child... :)
Monday, August 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment