Monday, July 4

0 And then the floodgates were opened...

Lately I have been on a shitty ride, financial crisis was on its peak and the emotional drama was high. Yes, I may seem A-okay but am definitely not. The only thing that I cling to is my strong belief that God would never leave me but instead carry me in times of trouble plus my tried and tested friends and loving mom and bro. At times when I think of giving up, I end up crying my a**, and wallowing on self-pity. Yes, I am almost like a beggar asking for a piece of bread. Even the small things that I enjoy such as coffee became a luxury that I feel blessed that mankind has invented such a thing as discount coupons. Little knew how dire my situation is for I don't wanna talk about it. I sacrificed some things which I owned just to cope up with the expenses.

Then came 4th of July weekend. I should have been enjoying Iloilo and Bacolod with mom and bro but mom and I both agreed to postpone the trip. Instead, we opted to go to the nearest mall clinic for check-up. I must say I fear hospitals. There's something eerie in it for me. But then I braved and pushed my luck coz I really don't feel good anymore about something in my system.

Yes, I faced the doctor and found out what was truly bugging me. It is something that would be in my system for the rest of my life (don't worry fellas it ain't HIV). My mom on the other hand, being my dependent, enjoyed her share of health card perks. I even accompanied her when she went for her scheduled lab tests the following day.

What struck my reality was when, since as I have mentioned that we're in a financial trouble, mom texted me that she was thankful that I got her the card for she would not be able to go and have a physical examination and lab test not because of fear but because she would rather use the money in some other ways to ease out troubles. Upon reading the message, my tears fell like an overflowing well. That's when I realized the big difference of how my life is now compared before when we still have a bakery and store that every Sunday lunch was a feast and we get most perks that we deserve (well I actually need to work hard to get it). I was sobbing like a baby and I couldn't care less if I was on board a public van.

Yes I know someday I'll be able to gather myself out of this mess.

So much for my Fourth of July drama.

Later!

0 comments: