Friday, May 11

0 Lucky 18

I have a love-hate relationship with migration and moving outside the country. On the 18th, I'd bid farewell  to the first bride who gave her confidence on me in handling the full coordination of her wedding. Not only is she my bride, she's also my cousin, a sister, a friend and confidant rolled into one. She's moving to Taiwan for good to start her new life as a wife and mother. I know she'd be well, but I can't help but be a bit sad. There's a difference knowing that she's back here after a year of two of working overseas over the fact that she'd be a resident there for good.   

The past 8 months has been an exchange of constant phone calls, dates, chats, texts and sleepovers with her. It was filled with surprises unraveled right before our very eyes. The word FINALLY has already been synonymous to her.  And I am honored to share all her joys and agitations over those months.

Whatever life takes you, break a leg! And am sure gonna inform you my wedding date in advance so you could move your ass back to MNL >:)

There are no goodbyes.

Hasta la proxima vez Cuz...

Me and Diok circa 2008
Me and Diok on her wedding day


0 comments: