I am now embracing a new career, in a PR company. It is different than the homebased work that I was used to. Here, I need to dress up, report to the office and to be at my toes. I don't have a team to handle but I have accounts to juggle. I need to learn a new set of jargon and mingle with new set of co-workers. Above all, I have a cerebral for a boss. For five years, though I met my former project's CEO, most of the work and meetings were done virtually. Now, my boss is literally a few steps away from my cube and would call me every now and then.
Am a few days short of my second month. I am now realizing the gravity of the position I am handling. I have had a love-hate relationship with deadlines and reports. I have been at my wits end computing columns, centimeters and media mileage equivalent. I have experienced being at multiple places in a day.
I have to admit, I was fearful entering this new career path. It was way different than my comfort zone. But the encouragement I am getting is overwhelming. I have had lows, and even have "awkward" moments with co-workers over some tasks. In times like this, I always think of a statement that a former co-worker once told me. That we go to our workplaces to work and get things done. Having friends at the workplace is a bonus.
Guess I am still lucky for I have, in a way, gained new acquaintances. They may have different beliefs but its nice to know that I somehow fit in. That they'd defend my a** for as long as they see that it wasn't really my fault. Sometimes I have to admit, I do get tired of the tedious work that I am learning or with the change in my boss' mood swings. However, everyday is a new learning curve. And I am not quitting. After all, I am a resilient cookie.
Whatever happens, I'll do good and I will be good.
Till then...
Friday, June 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment