Hail to the baby boomers!
No, I ain't talking about those who were born during the Post-War baby boomer era between 1946 and 1964 but the trending pregnancy news within the family and my friends. Yes, the world I guess is so fertile this 2012 and every couple is hormonal that leads to the rise in sales of maternity dresses and baby items (note that we're just in the first quarter and anything can happen).
On the light side, these news lead to some benefits (personal that is). Pregnant moms tend to crave and when your with them, you get showered with the "blessings" from their cravings. Just like now, a friend left a SMS wanting to meet me and another friend with a request that we eat in this La Paz batchoy joint I introduced to her last year because yes, she's craving for that steamy batchoy soup. ;)
While most female in the hood that I know is enjoying their "am-a-mommy-my-belly-gets-bigger-baby-kicking-inside" status, it somehow leaves me thinking. Being a person who adores kids, seeing pregnant friends and cousins sends me mental notes about the ins and outs, do's and don'ts of pregnancy. But what scares me the most are the following: a.) will I find the perfect donor to complete the molecular structure of my future mini-me? b.)am I capable of carrying another life with my womb as its official residence for 9 months? c.) will I be able to surpass giving birth with flying colors? d.)will I look good on maternity clothes? (kidding!)
When that time comes, I think I can handle it, thanks to the pointers that am getting right now.
Later!
Wednesday, April 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment