Tuesday, April 17

0 From Being a Sister to Having Sisters

I am the eldest among 2 siblings. And for the most part, I am the eldest as well in most of my circle of friends so the feeling of being the youngest is somewhat foreign.

Being the eldest gave me this unspoken rule to be the "more responsible" one and to act sensibly so that I'd be a role model to those people who are looking up to me.

In some unknown twist of faith, I was able to experience how it feels like to be the youngest. At work, am surrounded by office mates who are two/three years older. Plus, I get this renewed and stronger bond with my cousins who are 6-15 years senior than I am.

Being the youngest has its perks. I get my share of pampering, of understanding and having someone to ask for sound advice or share my crazy and wild thoughts. It made me feel a little less misunderstood. Looking at their lives now, I get to learn not only how to deal with things better but to understand the by products of haste judgments and the regrets that it entails thereafter. They dry my tears and help me stand up when I feel down and battered.

What's even surprising though is how they value my opinion. It makes me feel "more adult" and important. The debates and the ideas that they share with me helps me to become "wiser" or more "womanly" and empowers me in preparing for my future duties as a wife and a mother (yes, I do see myself in those roles).

To my new found sisters, thanks for making this existence more colorful and for making me realize that sometimes its okay to be taken care off. :)

0 comments: