Thursday, January 10

0 Surviving 2012. Welcoming 2013.

10 days since the calendar year changed.
21 days to go before I turn 20+ -ish.
21 days before my first out of the country invasion.
11 months and 21 days of blank pages to a new life chapter.

Numbers. Dates. Days.

2012

Bread and Butter

An emotional roller coaster filled year. Major changes happened at work. People come, people go. Gained friends along the way. Still, I remained resilient and focused with the challenges. My day job is still considerably stable while my wedding planning business is, I should say, is growing. I am able to make new connections to help me in the process of learning and improving this craft. I could say I have found my inner passion.

Stories from the heart

I still don't have someone to call my own. Cupid missed the arrow last year. I dated a few but that was it. From the dates, I have further analyzed what I want in my future relationship. Though I still long for that long walks, star-gazing together and having that "perfect moment even in silence," I have learned that I must completely heal and fulfill my goals first and feel good about myself before I could share that special feeling to my future better half.

Along the way, I found closure with the guy who almost made me change my surname. I have to admit, it was sad knowing that he wasn't happy after we had separate ways, since I prayed for his happiness in exchange of my broken heart and shattered dream of "I do." But I believe it wasn't the right time then or he ain't the right person yet. The closure rekindled all the pain I felt two years ago. But then I realized, I would never be able to give myself to that "somebody" if I still carry the skeletons of the past. Love will come my way. Deep within I can feel it will. A girl can dream. :)

Itchy Feet

I haven't traveled much over the past year. The only place I remembered visiting was Taal, Batangas. I promised myself that I will find time to cure my itchy feet come 2013. That I will do.

 Lost and Never Found

Lost some material things when the house was robbed last August. Still, I am thankful I wasn't hurt and that He will provide me with the things I need. I just need to have faith.

Blood is Thicker Than Water

It is indeed. I have made close bonds with my cousins on both ends. Its fun.  Bro graduated and passed the ME boards, a major horray to be truly thankful in 2012.

2013

I am positive that this year will be good. I have just booked my first client for a wedding mid-2013. The last 2 days was spent bonding and just feeling good with my cousins and brother. I still have 355 days to write not only fun and challenging stories worth remembering. I am indeed blessed to be given another year.

Here's to good life, good health and fun 2013!

 

0 comments: