Sunday, January 12

0 Mistaken Identity

My sleep was interrupted earlier today by an anonymous phone call. I answered only to realize that the lady on the other end was accusing me of being her husband's 'other woman.'

Before, receiving phone calls such as this irks every nerve in me that I respond all defensively., hence prolonging the conversation. Earlier, when the lady didn't stop all the litany, I just said "pasensya na po, hindi ko talaga alam ang sinasabi nyo."

She even texted that she was sure who I am and that "papatulan ko ang asawa nya." I dunno but for some reason, I calmly told her:

"Weird, buti ka pa kilala mo ko and alam mong 'papatol' ako sa asawa mo. Last time I checked, I wasn't dating anybody nor seeig someone. Ma'am, bago po kayo mag-accuse, paki double check po ng facts ninyo. And kung may problema po kayo ng 'asawa' mo, I think its best na pag-usapan nyo pong dalawa rather than blaming me of things I haven't done or I wasn't aware of doing. Have a blessed day ahead..."

On that note, the lady stopped her incessant calling and text. 

Since I know I agreed to have a date with this guy from the past, I clarified to him if he's single, with gf, or married. He told me he is single and asked that we meet today for a date. I said yes.

Somewhere between planning where and when are we gonna go out, he asked if we could go on a "private date." 

That invitation was a major turn-off. I wasn't born yesterday to not realize that there is something more that happens on those "private places." 

Then it hit me, last Friday, I was feeling "alone." Last night, I did sought Him. Today I got answers. I am not alone. And the incident earlier today opened my eyes to answers. Of who to keep and who to dump in my life. 

And I am happy that I remained calmed and composed during the two scenarios. What a way to start my Sunday morning.


Later, 

LeeLai


0 comments: