Sunday, July 20

0 July is Reunion Time

July 4,

Star City bonding with my girl friend Ria. Had tons of laughter and fun with the rides. :) 

July 5,

Attended and "hosted" the family reunion of my mother's maternal clan. 'Twas a huge family gathering, so huge that it's hard to recall every face and name. It was heartwarming and fun though. 

We are still missing some members here. :)


July 6, 

I attended a church service together with Mom, my aunts and cousins. It was an invitation extended to me by my cousin, who was the guest preacher that day.

His preaching was about the power of our choices. While he was delivering his talk, it felt like he was personally talking to me. What he described was exactly the things that I've been going through since this year started. I learned how to let His will be done, leaving an unhealthy job and taking a different career path, which I felt was an answered prayer right from the start. It wasn't as financially rewarding and am still adjusting but am happy.

What's more humbling is that people welcomed me and Mom warmly despite the fact that we have a different religion. The best part, praying with your family and still having respect with each other despite the differences.

And here's a note to my beloved Kuya:

Kuya, 
You might not be able to read this but you moved me. You just don't know how it made an impact and made me realize further that I made the right decision of following His will. I may have different set of practices and beliefs and would probably stick to them but I truly understood the lessons you've shared and would do my best to use it as my guide as I take this new journey. Thank you. 

 July 12,

I had a chance to spend an afternoon of catching up with my SB ladies. Pizza's good and so was the coffee c/o Marie. Gian was a breakthrough with her "Eureka!" moment. >:)


No dull conversations when you're with a bunch of intellectual and strong-willed ladies. :)

July 18,

Heard a good news from Team Awesome's Baby Girl. She finally chopped the cord that links her with our former company. Horray! For that, we have to celebrate both your natal and liberation day. Yay!


Ice cream and crepe party soon ladies! :)

 July 18-19,

One bottle of brandy + starlit rooftop + two outrageously funny and wonderful friends = bonding overload

Had some shot and tawa overload with two of my gal pals from high school. That plus a great movie (thanks for the influence) and sumptuous dinner (Manok ng Diablo is definitely two thumbs up). Having great friends is indeed a gift from God. :)

Wish you were here, Shang! 
So far, minus the inconvenience caused by the wrath of Glenda, I am having an absolutely wonderful month.

Later,

LeeLai

0 comments: